Saturday, October 18, 2008

Autumn colors at its peak

I love autumn and since this is my first time to experience it, I'm delighted to share with you some photos I took around my neighborhood that showcase the season's colors at its finest. I said to myself that the first thing I'll do when autumn comes is to turn on my mp3 player full blast and listen to Vivaldi's L'Autunno. I embedded a Youtube clip for you, so if you like please feel free to do the same. It's amazing how Vivaldi really captured the feel of autumn in his composition.









Somebody coaxed us to visit the cemetery behind ESF and experience a more surreal feel of autumn. Indeed, the first thing that welcomed us was this giant tree with brightly lit orange leaves that reflected the red sunset. I swear, the tree looked like it was burning from afar. So immediately I had this concept of taking a shot of a gravestone with the "burning trees" as background to convey a very eerie interpretation of death.

4 comments:

kasmirasimone said...

ooh that last picture feels chilly.

Anonymous said...

MARVIN, Great picture you have there! The golden leaves look like those is Zhang Yi Mou's Hero movie. heehee.

I have never experienced autumn before. How about autumn in this way?: autumn

Atsi-Batsi said...

Haha, I love how Jie Qi is calling herself Cheche.

Late comment: Ijust read Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book and couldn't help thinking that the last pic would have been the perfect setting :)

Vince said...

The pictures were awesome. I'm very impressed. I can use some of them for my computer.