Monday, August 31, 2009

Ukuleleing

Meet Lanika Ferrer -- my new love and joy. We have a good relationship, me, Yas and Lanika. Except in the early mornings when I prefer playing with Lanika. That really annoys Yas. Lanika Ferrer. Fresh in the entertainment industry ... ukulele industry, that is :)

Since I'm now an impoverished student and no longer able to buy a guitar, I decided to settle for a ukulele. That's actually a bit inaccurate. I did want to buy a ukulele because of its unique and rustic sound. While playing, it gives me the feel of warm beach sand and the gentle sound of crashing waves as they accompany the strumming of Jack Johnson and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Yes, warm beach sand under my feet. That feels good ...

All right, my real reason for getting a ukulele was to help me imagine all these things while Yas and I freeze in our poorly insulated attic. And, of course, I always dream of jamming with Jack Johnson in Hawaii one day.

So far these are what I've learned to play in my ukulele. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats so cool marbs, unfortunately, you're related, so this can only be a biased opinion.
hope this becomes a series.

yup its pops